Monday 30 January 2012

Amandalandish Guest Post

Sweet Amanda from Amandalandish was kind enough to do a guest post for us all today!  I am a huge fan of Amanda, she is so sweet and I always look forward to her posts on her blog.  Enjoy lovelies...


Hello all you lovely Grape Fizzers! 


I'm Amanda from Amandalandish and I was so thrilled to be asked by the sweet Anne to guest post today.  Her swatches are truly immaculate and I find that her taste is pretty similar to mine so in attempts to impress, I wanted to come up with something a bit different for this post.


It occurred to me that two of my major lemmings from 2011 were both purple flakies that were heavily documented in the blogosphere.  However, now that I happily have both in my possession, I thought I'd do a bit of a comparison post (my first, in fact!)


The first swatch is Zoya Neeka, one of the stars of the Smoke and Mirrors Collection.  A deep purple cream, you can see there is a dusty quality to this polish that really makes Neeka beautifully unique.

Zoya Neeka

My second swatch is one of those polishes that I picked up a bazillion times in the store and always put down, only to realize that when I really, really, really wanted it, it was nowhere to be found.  I was lucky enough to buy Revlon Royal Cloak, the LE purple bombshell from this fall's Masquerade Collection, from a blog sale for super cheap.  Like Neeka, this is a creamy deep purple, also possessing that great dustiness I adore.

Revlon Royal Cloak
In my heavily biased opinion, both are equally gorgeous.  But is there a reason to own both?  Well, let me show you these beauties a bit closer:



Zoya Neeka
Revlon Royal Cloak
As you can see, Neeka is a much richer, darker purple filled with gold glass flecks.  Royal Cloak has a bluer base thus somewhat lighter, has silvery white glass flecks.  Two halves of a purple whole, I think these compliment each other wonderfully.  

However, as someone who pined for these for months and now (clearly) owns both, I have to say in full disclosure they're fairly similar when worn.  In the end it really depends on your fleck preference (gold or silver), color saturation level, and your wallet.  Both retail for about $7 USD, although Royal Cloak is now discontinued.

What do you ladies think?  Is it worth it to own both or was I chasing purple dreams trying to own both?

My thanks to Anne for allowing me the opportunity to try out a new type of post for her readers.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  And to everyone else: please don't be shy!  I hope to see you girlies over at Amandalandish from time to time :)



Thank you again Amanda, now I'm going to have to go buy Zoya Neeka!  If you haven't already, go check out Amanda's blog, I know you will love it!

2 comments:

  1. It is definitely worth it to own both of these. They are gorgeous!!!! I have yet to try my Royal Cloak, but I remember doing a happy dance when I finally found it in the store, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both, I had been lemming Royal Cloak and I received it today, so after seeing this post I want to swatch it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

I looove your comments! They make me happy, keep 'em coming! I'd love to check out your blog too, please email me, grapefizznails@yahoo.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...